Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By TijuanaKez
#59626 I've installed the ESP8266 libraries via Board Manager, and selected NodeMCU 1.0 board. But of course the default esptool does not work in macOS.

So, following the info around the web, I've installed pyserial, downloaded esptool.py and placed it where it should be and modified platforms.txt to load esptool.py instead of the binary.

But when I try upload I just get this
Code: Select allusage: esptool [-h] [--port PORT] [--baud BAUD]
               {load_ram,dump_mem,read_mem,write_mem,write_flash,run,image_info,make_image,elf2image,read_mac,chip_id,flash_id,read_flash,verify_flash,erase_flash,version}
esptool: error: argument operation: invalid choice: 'nodemcu' (choose from 'load_ram', 'dump_mem', 'read_mem', 'write_mem', 'write_flash', 'run', 'image_info', 'make_image', 'elf2image', 'read_mac', 'chip_id', 'flash_id', 'read_flash', 'verify_flash', 'erase_flash', 'version')
esptool: error: argument operation: invalid choice: 'nodemcu' (choose from 'load_ram', 'dump_mem', 'read_mem', 'write_mem', 'write_flash', 'run', 'image_info', 'make_image', 'elf2image', 'read_mac', 'chip_id', 'flash_id', 'read_flash', 'verify_flash', 'erase_flash', 'version')