Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By bob808
#61514 Thanks for the resources, I'll check them out!
Well, I want to push some text for example, on a sql database on a local server. Also I want to push text to a file on a server using any authentication methods that esp8266 can support. I can't be more precise than that as I don't know how.
How to inject data in a sql server, using a mariadb username/password/database name?
How do I write text to a file on a server using a secure method? What kinds of protocols does the Arduino IDE support for this? Let's say update a text file on a FTP server with user name/password? How do I replace the text on that file, or how do I append text to a file?
I'm trying to see what the limitations are so I can understand how much I can do with this board.
Thanks again for your feedback!
By rudy
#61532 Do searches on SSL & ESP8266 if you are wanting higher security. But if you are doing this as a home network then I don't see the point for higher security. Make it your own network on the ESP8266 side. Any connection to the outside world could go through a Raspberry Pi port and have it handle access security.

Maybe someone else with a stronger background in this will suggest something. My strengths tend to be hardware.