Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Ray Alderman
#62807 All,

I've followed the directions. created a subfolder named "data" in the saved sketch folder. Made sure the serial monitor is closed. Installed the ESP8266 Data Upload tool in the correct place. It shows up on the Tools menu.

I keep getting a JAVA error in the IDE window:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: processing.app.BaseNoGui.getBuildFolder()Ljava/io/File;

Create a new sketch, save it, create the data folder, add index.html to that, try again, same result.

I'm obviously missing something but what is it? Any tips or suggestions would be great.
By mrburnette
Ray Alderman wrote:Figured it out - was as simple as not having Java installed and configured. Thought the arduino IDE required Java to be there so that never occurred to me.

Weird.

ArduinoIDE installation automatically includes a copy of the validated Java version for the IDE. This code is encapsulated with the IDE code. One can also have a global version of Java in the path, but generally speaking, it is best to run Arduino with the version that ships within the Arduino download.

For example, on my Linux Mint installation, the relevant directory is: /opt/arduino-1.8.1/java

It's been too long since I have used Windows, but I can assure you that Java gets installed subordinate to the Arduino folder in that OS too.

Ray