Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By marcelops
#62890 Hello All,

Is there any explanation to why the breakout boards for the ESP8266 12e are NOT breadboard friendly??

I mean, the breakout board does FIT the breadboard, but it leaves ZERO room for using the pins with jumpers, and I have to use two breadboards (see screenshot), and that is just annoying.

Do you know where I can get narrower breakout boards for the ESP8266 12e ?

Thanks,
Marcelo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By trackerj
#62918 I have done a while ago this one, especially for using it on a breadboard : ESP8266 nEXT EVO

also Bare PCB's are available for direct order from DirtyPCB's website: http://dirtypcbs.com/store/designer/details/6858/525/esp8266-cbdb-next-evo-devboard

You can see it here on a standard breadboard, it has also connected on top a 16CH PWM Extension Board:

nEXTEVO_PWM_ext_Board_test_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
marcelops wrote:Is there any explanation to why the breakout boards for the ESP8266 12e are NOT breadboard friendly??

Because the person who designed the breakout board did not understand our needs.

I have made my own board that allows one set of holes free in the breadboard. Unfortunately it was part of a panel of boards and I don't have gerber files of it alone.