Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By ShardZero
#64045 Hey,

I am trying to check if my ESP is reachable in my Network. Therefore i want to ping it from my Phone (via APP). I am able to ping my ESP from my PC, but I am not able to ping it from my Phone. The Code on the Phone should be alright, because I can ping other devices on my local network. Do I have to allow ICMP on my ESP? Or is there another Way to do this?

Thanks in advance :)
By Resca
#65293 I have the same problem and I investigated a little bit! No matter if the basic AT firmware (just set in Client mode, DHCP) is in use or I have my sketch (BasicWebServer) the ESP is happy to answer to PINGs ... but:
-if the PING is initiated from the Access Point itself the answer is immediate.
-if the PING is initiated from a PC connected to the A.P. with a cable, it is someway "slow" to start.
-if the PING is initiated from ANY other device on the same WiFI network, it times out.
I see the ARP-RQ is received and bounced out from the A.P. Apparently, the ARP-RQ is identical il all the 3 situations, but ESP answers immediately, after some RQs or never depending on one of the situations listed above.
But it is NOT an ARP related problem because, should I set a static ARP entry, it fails anyway the next ICMP-ECHO packets in the same way.

My only guess is that ESP is in someway "deaf" shortly after a frame for someone else was in the air and it cannot understand the next frame if for itself. Should I connect back-to-back two A.P.s via Ethernet and connect ESP to one and the phone to the other one, everything works fine.

I am really out of ideas...!