Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By schufti
#65070 don't be confused by the garbage, there will allways be some garbage from the bootloader.
I don't know the internals of the Wemos D1 R2 especially the pullup on rst, maybe you need to reduce to 470Ohm.
If D0 is gpio16 it should automatically go high when entering deepsleep and momentarily go low for wake-up.
By Marmachine
schufti wrote:don't be confused by the garbage, there will allways be some garbage from the bootloader.
I don't know the internals of the Wemos D1 R2 especially the pullup on rst, maybe you need to reduce to 470Ohm.
If D0 is gpio16 it should automatically go high when entering deepsleep and momentarily go low for wake-up.

Thanks, a 470 Ohm resistor did the trick! Guess that a 1K isn't pulling it down low anough to reboot after spitting out the garbage. :mrgreen:
I am still able to flash (upload) a sketch, so it seems to be running okay now! Lets see if it'll last!
By Marmachine
schufti wrote:Hi,
So the work-around is to reset the esp8266 at deepsleep wakeup --> gpio16 --> rst.
Best solution would be schottky diode (cathode to gpio16, anode to rst), second best is resistor (1k should work, depending on used rst-pullup) worst solution is direct connect (wire) -> you will have problems reflashing.

From your experience, could you tell me which specific schottky diode would be best to use?