Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Paquechu
#68437 Hello,
I am starting with the ESP8266 ESP-01 and ESP8266 ESP-12 and NodeMCU modules.
I'm somewhat confused by this about the firmwares and the sketches.
From what I have read the flash memory of the ESP8266 has this memory map that I attached in the picture:
And I see it logical that when the original firmware is loaded different files are used to load in different positions of this map, in position 0 goes the bootloader and in the 1000h another layer of application, etc. But I want to work with the Arduino IDE development environment and this is where my doubts start.
If I want to work only with ESP8266 libraries for Arduino IDE, do I have to pre-prepare the ESP8266 by loading a firmware in the same way as I described earlier, or do I simply have to compile the application into the Arduino IDE and load it from the IDE itself?
But if I need a firmware from where I can download it (without having to use AT or Lua commands?
Please give me a hand with this, I'm very lost.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Paquechu
#68544 Ok gbafamily1

Thank You very much. :-)

Regards.

gbafamily1 wrote:The IDE programs Flash with everything needed. Lua and AT command interpreters will be erased so they cannot not interfere with the Arduino sketch.