Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By rudy
#69282 When I decrease the send rate to 5mS I do see a few missed packets on the receive side. The delay is more variable and can be longer. I also can see the occasional received indication at 6mS and then followed by the next 1mS later.

EDIT

I set both ESPs to 160MHz. Got rid of a couple of print statements on the receive side. Send at 5mS rate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By MM596
#69285 Hello and thank you for your help!

Have you checked, what happens, if you set the delay to about 10ms. And have you checked the distance between two packets on the second ESP? So if the distance stays at 10ms or if you see some really far away, like 100 to 200ms ?

I am going to post my code tomorrow, as I don't have it on this computer now.

Thank you!

EDIT:
Sorry I haven't seen your second post, before.
That's very interesting, as I have some really big delays.
I am going to post some values and my code tomorrow, thank you for all your help!
By rudy
#69287 Don't assume that the PC is able to process (and time stamp) when packet actually arrives. Maybe it does. But I sure don't know that. If your internet connection is using WiFi that might also affect the results. That is why I tested with the minimal configuration. I don't know where the delays I have are coming from. On the transmit side or the receive side. (likely both) But I do see how long it takes in total.
By MM596
#69288 Hello,

please have a look at the picture attached, I can see that there are many frames lost, so that's why there is such a big delay.

I use my ESP as a SoftAP, may this be an issue?

Here is my test code:
Code: Select allvoid loop() {

UDP.beginPacket(ip, 65432);
    UDP.write("Test Test");
    UDP.endPacket();

delay(10);
}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.