Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By andre_teprom
philbowles wrote:The process that begins the reconnection lies deep within the ESP core code. Try this: remove the WiFi,begin and any reference to WL_CONNECETED from your code and relaod. It will still connect to your WiFi....

Ok, if it is the price for having such a feature of the event handler, we can live with that. I just wanted to have control over the other wifi settings ( dns , gateway ) during reconnection, but perhaps it will be assumed the value originally set at Setup(), anyway I'll make some experiments.

Thank you.
By bvansambeek
#75829 Hello fellow ESP8266 enthusiasts.

I followed the generic example and tried the code by powering down the router after powering back up after +/- 10 sec.
The Wemos D1 Mini is not reconnecting. I Use ESP8266 board version 2.4.0
I am not sure what is wrong?
The router is in bridge mode, can that be something that influences it?
Is there a way that I can push for the reconnect?
I tried calling ESP.restart(); but it did not start again (I did not see any messages in the serial monitor).

Does anyone have any tips on where to search for problems next?

I am thinking of soldering one of the digital ports to the reset pin to reset the whole thing.
However I would like to keep the loop going to handle button presses (turning light on or off even with no connection).....

Help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

edit: I noticed that the generic example worked on a generic ESP8266 device (Cheap SONOFF S20 from Aliexpress). So it had something to do with the Wemos. I updated the ESP8266 board version 2.4.0 in the arduino IDE to 2.4.1 - just to test the latest version. Now it works.... Hopefully this will help someone in the future.