Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By bkenobi
#72115 Never mind. I found the issue.

So my results are pretty much as I expected. If I use a 6' or 15' CAT5 cable, I get 100% reliability. If I jump up to a much longer length (50'), the reliability suffers. With the longer cable and 2 sensors, I see that one of the sensors does not respond to initialization every time. If I reset the Wemos several times, I can eventually get both sensors live but that won't work for my production unit.

If anyone can help get SPI running to see if extended cable length works better, I'd be grateful. Thanks!
By bkenobi
#72127 I saw the various options in the advanced sketch. Any recommendation on speed? I guess I could make it the minimum setting since I plan on only checking once a minute or so.

EDIT: It looks like I need to change the I2C bus speed. I've seen the wire.begin called with 2 pins and a yet unknown number. I'm guessing that nomenclature would include the bus speed. I have only found refe re nce to 100, 400, and 1.7 (I assume kbps and mbps). I can't locate in the wire lib r rare where this would be a valid call though.