Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Akash Swaminathan
#74116 I am doing a project on IOT , using Arduino and ESP8266-01 module . Core Idea of my project is to transmit real time sensor values to a website. I have hosted a website through a free hosting website (000webhost). All the required HTML and PHP pages are uploaded and everything works fine, but the issue is that, I am not able to connect my ESP8266 to my website, it returns an “DNS Fail” Error message when I Post the command - AT+CIPSTART=4,"TCP","www.xyzWebsite.com",80 .One probable reason for the error is that, the website has a dynamic IP (as I am hosting it under a free-trial plan). Is there any way to connect my webpage (with Dynamic IP) to ESP module. The aim of the project is to log the sensor data in real time into a webpage. So how to connect the ESP8266-02 module to the webpage with dynamic IP ? , thats the problem .
By mrburnette
I am not able to connect my ESP8266 to my website, it returns an “DNS Fail” Error message when I Post the command - AT+CIPSTART=4,"TCP","www.xyzWebsite.com",80 .

Your Access Point provides the DNS information to your ESP8266 after a successful client connection, that is when the ESP8266 requests DHCP.
Read more here: http://arduino-esp8266.readthedocs.io/en/latest/esp8266wifi/station-class.html

Ray