Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By nagesh1602
#74121 hi,
i have connected esp8266 to arduino through software serial. i want to transfer data to thingspeak channel. i want connect it available network instead of giving ssid and password in code at once... i want to connect my esp depends on available wifi net work or mobile hotspot.. can anyone suggest me how to use in that way...???
By mrburnette
i want connect it available network instead of giving ssid and password in code at once... i want to connect my esp depends on available wifi net work or mobile hotspot..

Most mobile hotspots or WiFi repeaters such as Comcast's Xfinity require that you run a browser and provide your account info and after authentication they pass you on to the Internet. This technique is called "Captive Portal."

You "may" be able to connect to your cellphone if it provides a WiFi gateway... I have not tried this.
But, in general, the ESP8266 connects to an Access Point via a stored WiFi SSID and Password.

There has been several discussions of this concern in the forum previously...
http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9735