Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By CheapB
CheapB wrote:Thanks. I am using the esp8266_flasher.exe and I am getting this error on BOTH the good and the bad module when trying to flash :

Writing at 0x0007f800... (32 %)

Writing at 0x0007fc00... (32 %)

Writing at 0x00080000... (32 %)
Failed to write to target Flash

and now none of them will execute the bins from the Audrino IDE lol

Success! I flashed the module with an AT firmware - I used AI-v0.9.5.0 AT Firmware.bin and confirmed it accepted AT commands. Then I went back to the Arduino IDE and everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks for leading me in the right direction!
By CheapB
CheapB wrote:
CheapB wrote:Thanks. I am using the esp8266_flasher.exe and I am getting this error on BOTH the good and the bad module when trying to flash :

Writing at 0x0007f800... (32 %)

Writing at 0x0007fc00... (32 %)

Writing at 0x00080000... (32 %)
Failed to write to target Flash

and now none of them will execute the bins from the Audrino IDE lol

Success! I flashed the module with an AT firmware - I used AI-v0.9.5.0 AT Firmware.bin and confirmed it accepted AT commands. Then I went back to the Arduino IDE and everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks for leading me in the right direction!

If you have problems connecting try to put the module in STA mode - either in your sketch or while you have the AT bin loaded. I had a problem where the ESP AP used the same channel as my router and prevented connection. Your Sketch will not set the mode unless you explicit set it.