Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By ian
#94435 Today I've been grappling with a Wemos C3 board. For those who don't know already, the C3 is often cited as the 'replacement' for the ESP8266. It has a single RISC V core with (allegedly) ESP32 peripherals. It has 4M on chip flash, on chip USB serial, 400K RAM, Bluetooth etc
I wonder if it might be appropriate to dedicate a section to it on here somewhere?
It seems that there is very little 'help' available on the web for these devices which is quite challenging! The Lolin documentation is extremely limited. Adafruit is a little better - their qt-py-C3 looks very nice too :)
In my few hours today I've established that it's NOT a drop in replacement for a ESP8266 & various differences are likely to bite your bum! :(
Despite this, my initial impression is very favourable! However I spent an hour today trying to get Serial.print() to work!!
It would be nice to concentrate some knowledge/experience in one place?
By ian
#94436 I'll kick off by replying to myself!

I bought the wemos C3 because I use their D1 minis a lot. It has exactly the same form factor.
It requires ESP32 development branch for arduino. It's not included in the last stable release.

Code written for a D1 won't work 'as is' because they've dropped the pin naming of D1, D2 etc in favour of 1,2,3 etc.

The Adafruit qt-py-c3 is almost identical to the wemos C3 - if you can get one...

To get WiFi working there is a cludge. You need to enable it like this:

Code: Select allWiFi.softAP(ssid);          //start the access point
WiFi.setTxPower(WIFI_POWER_8_5dBm);

Getting Serial.print() to work is easy - IF you know how!! As long as the serial monitor is closed when you upload code it works fine...