Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Makuna
#16131 I integrated some of the work listed above (with some changes) into my NeoPixel library that I already had.

Makuna/NeoPixelBus

It is based upon the Adafruit library with some modifications to include animations. With the latest changes it will now compile within a Esp8266 project along with the normal collection of hardware.
By Ben Baron
Makuna wrote:I integrated some of the work listed above (with some changes) into my NeoPixel library that I already had.

Makuna/NeoPixelBus

It is based upon the Adafruit library with some modifications to include animations. With the latest changes it will now compile within a Esp8266 project along with the normal collection of hardware.

Wow awesome! Sounds like you did the work for me :)

I'll integrate this into my project, and will submit any bug fixes I make to your repo.
By Makuna
Ben Baron wrote:Btw, was there a reason you removed the brightness feature? I actually really liked that and it was one of the things I was going to reimplement. I'll end up adding it back to your library, but you don't need to merge it in of course.

1) This "feature" causes errors in the get pixel color as it "changes" the pixel color inplace and can cause round offs. In other words, due to a dim set, a get will return a different color. I felt this was flawed implementation.

2) Further, all it did was walk all the pixels and dim the colors. This can be done by an external routine with more transparency in the cost of the call to dim without causing inadvertent color changes unless you desire that.

3)The feature seemed like a higher level helper routine and not something that should be tied to so low level of code. You may want to dim just a particle set (as some pixels represent one object and other pixels represent another object) and it wouldn't help.

All these added up to removing the feature as it was original coded. But you can easily replace the basic feature, see #2.