Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By HennaceTheMenace
#45372 Hi I realize i am late to the game on this post, but really nice looking work, i have not yet been able to try it out on my own, but i hope to do that tonight.

I do have one question just looking at this part, is the webpage in the demo sketch that was posted by SwiCago just a dummy page, or like an example page, i cant see where it would actually act on any of those button presses. If anyone could clear that up for me or show where the action for those presses takes place that would be greatly appreciated!

One more question, is this capable of allowing the esp to not only handle the Access point and client which this already does, but can I have it grab data from the web as well if i give it a router to provide that? So could i make it so users can only access the pages on the esp, but the esp can fetch maybe weather data, or maybe data from another esp.
By HennaceTheMenace
#45373 Oh man, I just realized I'm dumb, I think I found how where you are handling buttons. But i don't understand dns servers though.

The html buttons each act on L0 and L2 for (gpio 0 and 2) and sends either a 1 or a 0 corresponding to on and off. Which is then picked up by the DNS server with the TGT0 or 2 classes? this is where i start to get confused. so then somehow through the handleClient (which i cant find in the sketch is that part of the esp library?) function the necessary handles get called for handle L0 or L2 or all which call the state changes.

Is that at least somewhat correct? Is there any simple way to teach a noob about the DNS server?

Additionally would it be possible to have a new handle that would fetch data from online?
By HennaceTheMenace
#45451 Ok, now I'm just trying to get it working, using what was last posted for the .ccp (is it .ccp or .cpp?), the .h and the .ino files I get a DNS error stating "the url I typed in" 's DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem. then after about a minute it disconnects.

I realize this is an old thread but it is literally one of maybe 3 on the web I have found for this topic (making an access point that always redirects whatever url you type to the site on the esp)

i would be so happy if someone could help

Thanks,
Tim