Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By altes
AcmeUK wrote:I see you are using server.send. Have a look at this thread http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4634&hilit=160 and see if it offers you a solution.

I actually have tried using the techniques there and was hoping for an improvement but unfortunately I didn't notice any change in response time.

martinayotte wrote:Which version of ArduinoESP are you using ?
Because this latency issue seems to be a bug corrected more than 2 months ago.
(Look also if you have multiple ArduinoESP versions in your IDE, and delete all old ones)

Thanks for the suggestion, I was using the latest staging release and downloaded the latest staging one again tonight. Even with a fresh install, each sequential request took an additional 2 seconds.

On a brighter note, after some sleuthing in the ESP8266 libraries I managed to find a workaround. I've modified ESP8266WebServer.h HTTP_MAX_DATA_WAIT and HTTP_MAX_CLOSE_WAIT and that's lowered my response time to approximately 200ms. This is probably not the best way to address this issue, but as a temporary fix seems to work okay so far.

Is this issue arising from the GET requests and connections not closing properly? If so, any suggestions?
By martinayotte
#27561 That is really strange... :?
For me, those HTTP client requests is almost instantaneous.
Are you sure there there is no mix of old versions laying around your ArduinoIDE.
On Linux, they are located for example in ~/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/1.6.5-947-g39819f0.
I'm saying that because I've helped another person who find out that he had the stable version but also an older version and IDE was taking the old one.
By altes
martinayotte wrote:That is really strange... :?
For me, those HTTP client requests is almost instantaneous.
Are you sure there there is no mix of old versions laying around your ArduinoIDE.
On Linux, they are located for example in ~/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/1.6.5-947-g39819f0.
I'm saying that because I've helped another person who find out that he had the stable version but also an older version and IDE was taking the old one.

1.6.5-1084-ga39ce29 is the only one under ~\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\; I think this is the latest one that was released yesterday.

I'm currently powering the ESP8266 through a USB port as I debug this issue, could it be underpowered and a wall wart could solve this issue?