Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Oldmicroguy
#30066 After many hours of trial and error I managed to get this thing working.
you need Linux to run sh create_release.sh
if you are running Windows download Cygwin
The default download does not include the ZIP program which is needed so before you download open the Archive Package and select the ZIP program to be included in the download.

The create_release.sh will create a ZIP which you install into your library folder

To speed up the rendering add:
SPI.setFrequency(40000000);
to your sketch is the setup() section

Thanks spapadim

Oldmicroguy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By spapadim
Oldmicroguy wrote:After many hours of trial and error I managed to get this thing working.

Fantastic!
Sorry for not being able to provide more guidance (I've always been a Unix person and even on laptops, where Unix is a bit of a PITA, I always had Cygwin to "survive" -- and when Windows 8 happened, I just switched to a MacBook :) ).

As for larger screens (> 2.8") with SPI, not really -- at least not with ucglib. There are some out there, but without a breakout PCB (just bare FPC). Breakout boards with larger displays that I've found so far either have unsupported TFT driver chips, or are hardwired for parallel i/f (which the ESP doesn't have enough pins for). If anyone finds one, I'm also interested (and also interested in IPS modules). Otherwise, someday I'll hack together a breakout and ship it out to DirtyPCBs or sth...