Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By zioax
#30566 I've used "Export compiled bin" in Arduino IDE, but it compiled with .ino extension. Should output .bin file, right?
By martinayotte
#30574 Oh ! I've never use this functionality ... Thanks to point that to me.
Unfortunately, even if my IDE is 1.6.5, it is an old installation, and trying to use this menu option give me the following message :
Warning: This core does not support exporting sketches. Please consider upgrading it or contacting its author

Looking on the net, it seems that this function is enabled by having "recipe.output.save_file=..." in the platform.txt.
Some threads are talking about outputting the *.HEX file, but in our case, it must be a *.BIN.
I don't know if in your case it produce the proper file, but what is strange is that your Serial output shows *.INO, so maybe it didn't work.
About the WebUpdater sketch itself, I gave it a try, since I didn't use it before, and I'm getting problem too. I will continue the investigation.
By zioax
#30682 Isn't there an opinion like native WiFi upload? For upload sketch directly from Arduino IDE via WiFi without using the WebUpload sketch before
By martinayotte
#30695 Do you mean by "native" using the ROM firmware provided by Espressif without the help of any other firmware ?
No ! they only support upload via serial, and during this upload, Wifi is completely turned off.
So, it is up to your own firmware (such as the WebUpdater mentioned above) to handle the upload and flashing.

BTW, for the "Export bin" mentioned earlier, I got it working, but it simply save the *.bin in the project path.