Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By bbx10node
#32867 Here is my configuration as of today.

Using Arduino IDE version 1.6.5 with the ESP8266 staging version. The IDE board manager reports this version string: 1.6.5-1160-gef26c5f

https://github.com/esp8266/arduino#staging-version-

Upgraded ArduinoJson to 5.0.5 using the IDE library manager. I am sure it works with older versions because I just upgrade to 5.0.5 today.

The WU test program works on an Adafruit Huzzah board though it should work on any ESP8266.
By rajdarge
Oldmicroguy wrote:Getting DST and TZ is easy if you use this library

https://github.com/JChristensen/Timezone

OldMicroGuy

Thanks I did know about that library, but you have to set the timezone rules manually, and then you have to nominate which timezone you are in. IF working with GPS coordinates - you then need to calculate your specific timezone which varies across many political boundaries. Finally there is the Headache of Daylight Savings which can change from country to country, state to state, year to year. The granularity of Daylight savings may be down to 15 minutes :( . I suppose that's why they invented UTC.
Still my alarm goes off at 6:00am every darn morning no matter where I am.
Working out the local time seems to be a hideously complicated process based on huge amounts of data. Something that is well beyond me, but is done by my android phone in a millisecond.
By rajdarge
#43598 @bbx10node

You've probably forgotten all about me or even this project.
I've finally taught myself enough skills to be able to "read" your code.
It still throws of an exception, every time.
But I think I know where
around line 196
const float temp_f = current["temp_f"]
is the problem.
If I remove this line and the similar line for temp_c and the Serial.print lines that reference these variables,
everything works as expected.

I don't know enough about the ardujson library to decode it any further so as to suggest a fix.