Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By sohialsadiq
#33290 hi,
anyone use these WiFi shield for arduino?

i am having problem to flash it & upload my program.

otherwise it have good feature give serial data to arduino pr-program.

Example 1: Arduino to WiFi communication

Step 1: plug the serial WiFi shield into the Arduino Uno board. The dual-ports DIP switch is switched to “OFF” position as to
disconnect the serial port connection within ESP8266 and Arduino .
(Attention: when downloading arduino program with IDE, arduino serial port should NOT be used. Arduino Uno
only has one serial port for downloading program, for the reason that the dual-port switches should switch to
“OFF” position to disconnect the serial port of ESP8266. )
Step2: program arduino Uno, and the example code is shown as below:
1. void setup()
2. {
3. Serial.begin(9600);
4. }
5. void loop()
6. {
7. delay(1000);
8. Serial.println("hello ESP8266 WiFi"); //output the serial data
9. }
Step3: Switch the dual-port switch to “ON” position. Now, the ESP8266 is connected with Arduino Uno.
Step4: Find the WiFi signal “DoitWiFi_Ser2Net” with computer or mobile phone. The WiFi password is “12345678”.
By calebfrost
#35864 May I jump in and add my question here. I'm having the same setup problem from what I understand the original poster is having. However, I want to create a webserver that holds a website that will control an led strip from my wife's kitchen. I connect the esp8266 to my arduino uno upload a sketch, and it cannot find the esp8266 arudino shield. How do I get the Arduino Uno and the Esp8266 to talk so I can connect it to my router. I know there is something I'm doing wrong. I've tried using the esp8266 arudino library, the esp8266 arduino ide. I'm lost. I need someone smarter expertise. Thanks
By Mark NZ
#39199 Hi,

I'm wanting to do something similar - Create a webserver and access this through WiFi. I've got the same board that you're using and the instructions are accurate. You say you've got problems up loading the prog.
I found that I had to:
- Unplug the USB cable from the arduino board
- Switch the DIP switches on the shield to Off
-Plug in the USB cable and ensure that the Port displays in the Arduino IDE (Tools-Port) for me it's on Port 16.

The code I used was:
int Counter =0;
void setup()
{

Serial.begin(9600);

}
void loop()
{
delay(10000);
//write out to web server

Counter=Counter+1;

//output the serial data

Serial.println("<html><head></head><body><h1>test</h1><p>");
Serial.println(Counter);
Serial.println("some text and some in <b>bold</b></p></body></html>");
}

I uploaded this successfully, I switched on the Serial Monitor, then swapped the DIP switches to On. The blue light now pulses every 2 seconds indicating serial transmission and I can see the text being sent in the serial monitor

On my Smart phone, I switched on Wireless and connected to DoitWiFi_Config.
I then opened a browser and went to http://192.168.4.1 This shows the configuration for the shield.

I found that if I used the same URL, but for port 9000, i.e. http://192.168.4.1:9000 it would show the serial output in HTML format, i.e. heading, bolded and normal text. Note that it took about 10 seconds before it first displayed (other times it took a minute).

The page never finishes loading, and instead appends every 10 seconds. I've yet to learn how to control this, but it's a step forward.

Hope this helps.