Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By brutzler
#33320 Using a NodeMCU there is some problem making downloads using the "Generic ESP8266 MODULE" in the boards manager.
Normaly I would choose the right board (NodeMCU 1.0), but actually testing with OTA, I am forced to take the generic-Board, because of its options "serial<->OTA"
In older packages, I modified the boards.txt. I created a second Generic ESP8266-Module with the change from "generic.upload.resetmethod=ck" to "generic.upload.resetmethod=nodemcu"
But always on changing to a new release, this options get lost. And if I forget to change again, I am struggling on download :-(

This time, I was going a different way: I made the resetmethode switchable. (hope I understood the menu-structure correct)
Code: Select allmenu.UploadSpeed=Upload Speed
menu.CpuFrequency=CPU Frequency
menu.FlashSize=Flash Size
menu.FlashMode=Flash Mode
menu.FlashFreq=Flash Frequency
menu.UploadTool=Upload Using
menu.Resetmethod=Reset Methode     <-------------------- adding this line

##############################################################
generic.name=Generic ESP8266 Module

generic.upload.tool=esptool
generic.upload.speed=115200
generic.upload.resetmethod=ck
generic.upload.maximum_size=434160
generic.upload.maximum_data_size=81920
generic.upload.wait_for_upload_port=true
generic.serial.disableDTR=true
generic.serial.disableRTS=true

generic.build.mcu=esp8266
generic.build.f_cpu=80000000L
generic.build.board=ESP8266_ESP01
generic.build.core=esp8266
generic.build.variant=generic
generic.build.flash_mode=qio
generic.build.spiffs_pagesize=256

generic.menu.Resetmethod.CK=ck                                                   <-------------------- adding this line
generic.menu.Resetmethod.CK.upload.resetmethod=ck                                <-------------------- adding this line
generic.menu.Resetmethod.NodeMCU=nodemcu                                         <-------------------- adding this line
generic.menu.Resetmethod.NodeMCU.upload.resetmethod=nodemcu                      <-------------------- adding this line

generic.menu.UploadTool.esptool=Serial
generic.menu.UploadTool.esptool.upload.tool=esptool
generic.menu.UploadTool.espota=OTA
generic.menu.UploadTool.espota.upload.tool=espota

But on changing the release, this will got lost again.
Wouldn't it be an option to implementate this in the boards.txt for further releases?