Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Trickuncle
#40582 On my module today, yes, many times, I have clicked on 'forget'. Then doing a wifi search, the phone shows an SSID of 'test' which I was using 3 weeks ago and wants a password of 12345678 that was being used at the time. The code just loaded into the module is wifi.sta.config("ESP8266","") but it seems to be ignored by the phone. I have performed a system reset of the phone by using the magic button press at power on and going to the recover screen and choosing wipe and restart but makes no difference; afterwards, it still shows the old SSID.

Once in a while, it changes. I think it's associated with the type of wifi the module is set to: station, ap or softap.

Still digging ---
By freedom2000
#40584 The only thing I did to have it work (on 5 different boards) was to upgrade the IDE to version 2.1.0-rc2.

Magically the AP Name is the one I want.

I must say that I did also the test with one other phone and a tablet... was the same.
I do believe that someting has changed between V2.0 and V2.1

JP
By treii28
#66380 Isn't there something where the password and/or ssid has to be a certain length or at least a certain minimum length? I ran into something similar before and was running into something similar just now but just remembered that I'd run into it once before and either my ssid or my password wasn't long enough. And on some times of wifi security, it can be really picky on password length in general (something it it has to be either 8 or 13 characters for WEP or something weird like that?)

Anyway, when I ran into this before, I noted that if a prior ssid/password that were valid existed in the ESP, it would still start AP mode but just use the prior values. It was when I realized the password hadn't changed either that I figured it out.