Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Roman1991
#41685 Hello,

I have used this simple code to turn on my esp201:
http://img.banggood.com/images/2014/xie ... 863201603C

Code: Select all#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>

void setup()
{
  WiFi.mode(WIFI_OFF);
  WiFi.forceSleepBegin();
  delay(10);
}
void loop()
{
}

with the WIFI module off. after disconnecting the red power led I am at 14.5mA.

The documantation states that the ESP has an ultra-low power MCU.

My question is, if the Wifi module is off, what caueses that high consumption and is there a way to reduce it?
Can it come from the firmware EEPROM?

Edit:
If i'm not mistaken the eeprom type is 25Q40.
Attached is the dc characteristics.
Which of the consumptions in the table is relevant normal operation? (What frequency does the eps use to read the eeprom)

Thank you,
Roman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Roman1991
#41701 Thank you for the response.

The 15mA consumption consumption is for the whole board (including eps8266,eeprom,leds,resistors etc)

I am designing a circuit with the esp8266 and investigating which components should I place to reduce the 15mA consumption.
From the attached table you can see that the eeproms' consumption is ~10mA that means that the eps8266 itself consumes ~5mA.

So the question is if my assumtion correct?

Can i lower the clock speed that the esp reads the EEPROM to reduce the cosumption even lower?
By schufti
#41703 no, as you can see from the table, the esp8266 chip draws 15mA.
The flash is (no spiff used) only read once during boot and the "sketch" transfered into program memory in esp8266 for execution. The henceforth dormant flash consumes only µA if not powered up by direct access from sketch (eeprom, spiff, etc)