Chat here about code rewrites, mods, etc... with respect to the github project https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By danbicks
#18196 Come on guys, this is a great update to the Arduino 1.6.4 IDE where is a decent HTML Bootstap implementation as a web-server with a nice user interface? Adding board manager option is brilliant! the advanced web-server example is boring, ugly and non inspirational!

What would be excellent is to give us simple minds the ability to create nice web page's incorporate them in to the simple Arduino interface and have some functionality like setting MQTT details, thing-speak, network connection etc in a simple interface in which we can add our own code for our needs. That is what Arduino is all about a simple interface for the not so programmer orientated developer.

Make this happen. It could be more than Awesome!

Dans
By danbicks
#18198 Getting much more warmer!

Knock up a nice interface that gives people the ability to have nice UI with easy to use control code to run there IOT hardware.

By the way.. Very important to give Anakod some credit for his Spiffs work that has now been pull requested to the ESP8266 IDE.

Dans
By ficeto
#18204 i give credit to him for showing how it can be implemented, i give him credit for the methods that read and write to the flash (I hope those are his), but mostly I give credit to the users that requested it. Now this has turned into something else that made me regret I ever got into spiffs. If I could turn back time, i would not have implemented it.I already had fixed the SD library, so I had storage, now some jerk pretends to have written the code that I personally typed, based on the fact that I did it on one of his old sheets (sort to say) and scratched over his header. No respect for such people from me.