Chat here about code rewrites, mods, etc... with respect to the github project https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By Angelo Santagata
#20595 Oh regarding the Sloooowness of the Arduino app, well Its still slow (circa 60-90s) but I tried VisualStudio + MicroStudio and its MUCH to compile.. circa 2-10s! however not able to deploy.

I'll open another forum thread for the VisualStudio +microstudio query (cant see the programmer)
By Angelo Santagata
#20755 FYI, torntrousers
you were right about the baud rate being 74800, I used putty and got the following output
Code: Select all ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)

load 0x40100000, len 28780, room 16
tail 12
chksum 0xef
ho 0 tail 12 room 4
load 0x33333333, len 858993459, room 12

googling around I think the latest flasher may be at fault.... im seeing a few posts on the net which indicate using arduino 1.6.1 + manual install still works..

investigating. regardless consider this thread now closed..
By AYAduino
#21273 Angelo,
what version were you using from Board Manager?

The only consistently decent flashing experience I've had in terms of reliability is from the production version (673). Staging version 816 was faster but I'd usually have to power down the ESP to get it to boot back up. Staging version 873 was unusable - it would compile/flash but nothing would run for longer than a few seconds.

Having said all that, even at its worst they've all compiled fairly quickly (less than 10 seconds?). The only thing that approaches the minute mark would be my old netbook that's running an Atom processor and only has 3GB of memory. So I'd guess there's something messed up with your environment.

Brad