Chat here about code rewrites, mods, etc... with respect to the github project https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By Arduolli
Frogmore wrote:Good news, with the current stable branch (July 23, 2015), I am seeing much better results.
@tytower your solution resets the esp8266 before each transmission so it only has to be able to do one before it gets reset. I am using mine to collect readings from a gas meter so it needs to stay on all the time (because interrupts were not working correctly, both directions, before, might be okay now).

The thing I am seeing now is that it is reconnecting to Wi-Fi fairly frequently, i.e. from many hours (which is probably fine) to a few times in an hour to several times in a minute. .....
Any ideas if this is normal or not?.....

Hi there,
I have similar, but worse problems:
My ESP-01 initially connected fine to my network.
After a good 24 hour stretch, it lost connection and ever since , it will only connect for 30 minutes max.

It is not the ESP module - I tried other ones - they also fail within the 30 minutes.
It is not the distance to the Accesspoint: Even next to it, it does fail.

The strange thing: When connecting via my Router ('Fritz-Box'), it stays connected fine.
If I do it via an Ubuntu based Access-Pont bridge (via Packages hostapd and bridge-utils), I get the decribed problems.
All my other devices have no problem connecting to that AP. (And again: In the initial days, the ESP also kept the connection via the Ubuntu AP for 20+ hours)
The ESP does not give any errors back via Serial. (I also stripped the code, added yield() etc, so that there should be no timing issues)
On the Ubuntu AP side, I am not expert enough on how to look for errors.

If anybody has ideas on how to troubleshoot this, pls let me know! I am desperate.
:-(

P.S.: My use case is the same (Gasmeter), so resetting theconnection within the loop is no option for me either.....

P.P.S: I am using ESP8266 Arduino core 2.0; upgrade to 2.1 did not make a difference