ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By prozac
#13920 Since I had originally posted this in the mega thread (now locked) and it looks like some folks wanted some help, I'll start this thread to keep it out of the greater OTA discussion.

http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=376&start=280#p13319

...from the OTA thread:
hdrut wrote:Hi,

not sure if this is the right place to post this.
I am trying to run the OTA firmware update but got stuck at Flashing OTA User App...
Any idea what could be going wrong? IP address is default, SoftAP 192.168.4.1, and STA IP is 192.168.0.107.
Webpage loads correctly after serial flashing. I am using SDK 0.9.5 by the way.

Thks in advance for any help.

What do you have ESP_IPADDRESS set to? You can either set it in the Makefile or as an env variable 'export ESP_IPADDRESS=X.X.X.X'. Make sure you can ping that address from the machine you are building on. All the flashing functions do is use curl to post to the IP address specified, so make sure you can reach it. Incidentally, I noticed some old IPs in some of the curl commands, so you may want to grab the latest Makefile from the repo.

Once the application flashes, the flashing will pause and wait for the device to reboot and restore network connection and will then flash the website with no further interaction necessary.
By hdrut
#13922 Hi Prozac

Indeed there was a 192.168.0.176 in the Makefile. I fixed it and now evthg works just fine!

Thks, Horacio
By hooded_paladin
#17263 Hey Prozac, just wanted to say thanks for the code you've shared; it's working great for me. I buried my ESP inside of an electric kettle to control it, so the OTA flash is just what I needed (and much simpler than the other methods I saw).
That combined with sprite_tm's code is just the slickest platform you could ask for...