ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By Israel Lot
#34189 Just to let you all know, I've committed a bunch of improvements and fixes on esp-ginx.
File system now is twice as fast, buffer is set to match tcp mtu for max throughput as well.
Updated to lastest sdk and also update lwip code to the latest release by Espressif with some adjustments.
Checkout on github :https://github.com/israellot/esp-ginx
By jamesfowkes
#35515 Hi,

I'm having trouble getting esp-ginx working reliably on my nodeMCU v0.9.

I've gone back to basics and have gone through the following steps:

1. Downloaded latest esp-ginx from github.
2. Changed esp-ginx makefile to point at my xtensa-lx106-elf/bin folder (from esp-open-sdk).
3. Successfully ran 'make clean', 'make html' and 'make'.
4. Tried uploading with esptool.py bundled with esp-ginx. Got following error:

Code: Select allConnecting...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../tools/esptool.py", line 387, in <module>
    esp.connect()
  File "../tools/esptool.py", line 155, in connect
    raise Exception('Failed to connect')
Exception: Failed to connect
../Makefile:178: recipe for target 'flash' failed

After replacing this esptool.py with the latest from github, I can successfully flash the nodeMCU.

The output from the serial at /dev/ttyUSB0 is:

Code: Select allfound, reconnect after 1s
reconnect
f -180,

FREE HEAP: 36280

For reasons I don't understand, my serial terminal is cleared after this and the same message is printed again every couple of seconds.

I can see the AP SSID, but cannot connect to it. Once something seemed to happen where an HTTP request got through. I have put the serial output here: http://pastebin.com/ZrZcrmHW. I'd already tried to browse to smart.relay.com previously and still had the browser open, so I guess this is why the request was made?

At the moment I can't get this example working, I'm rather stuck. Any help or advice would be much appriciated.

Thanks,

James