ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By nemi
nemi wrote:Hi everyone, struggling to follow the serial flash instructions on guit hub and get my ESP01 working.

We'll I've double checked an it's not my programming hardware. I'm able to use "esp_flasher.exe" on windows to re-flash my ESP-01 with AT firmware v0.9.2.2 and all works as expected.

Is there (or can someone make) as single .bin file for the latest release for (8mbit) ESP-01 devices that I could try through esp_flasher.exe ?
By Bingo600
#56949 I'm using it as a serial console for a Retro mc6809 system (FLEX) , running 115.2 Kbit.
But i keep loosing chars , when doing ie a dir on the FLEX system.

I'll have to abandon it , and seek for something else.

It seems like the maintainer isn't interested in adding RTS/CTS support, or taking his time.

This one as opened in february , and written in lately w. a strange ansver :?
https://github.com/jeelabs/esp-link/issues/102

It is sad , as it's a very elegant piece of software/hardware

/Bingo
By guidonz
Zatta wrote:
WhiteHare wrote:I tried upgrading my Huzzah ESP8266 to Release 2.0.beta2 using ESP FLASH DOWNLOAD TOOL V2.3 (actually, it says v2.3 in the title bar when I open it, but the application file says its v2.4, so I'm guessing it's the most current?) with the settings given in the release instructions:
flash boot_v1.4(b1).bin from the official esp_iot_sdk_v1.3.0 and included in the release tgz to 0x00000
flash blank.bin from the official SDK and also included in the tgz to 0x3FE000
flash user1.bin to 0x01000

However, it does not appear as an AP that I can connect with, and I can't connect with it using its former IP address either. The blue LED on it double blinks once every 15 seconds. Not sure what that means, but probably something.

I used the same flash tool to upload the version 1.0.1 firmware without a problem. Does it no longer work for Release 2?

Edit: OK, I just tried Release 2.0.rc1. Same results.

It would seem my Adafruit Huzzah simply doesn't work with any of the Release 2 firmwares.

I've just flashed my Huzzah with version 2.2.b2 after some difficulties.

I have used ESP_DOWNLOAD_TOOL_V2.4 from Espressif. At first couple of tries neither version 2.1.7 nor 2.2.b2 booted up (as in: no AP was found and the LED on GPIO0 stayed dimmed like it does on bootloader mode). After googeling around I stumbled on your post so I tried it with version 1.0.0 which booted up and I could connect it to my network.

So, I decided to try v2.2.b2 one more time after getting a friendly headup on gitter by @tve, and miraculously I now have a working esp-link on y huzzah.

Now I just have to learn using it :)

EDIT: I spent some time to get AtmelStudio 7 directly talking to my 328p-pu projects, I ended up with a nice addon made by @bc547: https://gitlab.com/bc547-playground/avr-link, using it as an external tool. Before I used to use avrdude but the original version doesn't support net communication on windows.
Alternatively I've learned in the gitter about a modified avrdude for this but I'm not sure if I can link to that directly (also, I haven't tried that because I'm very satisfied with @bc547's avr-link.

Hi Zatta,
I've been lurking on this website for many months but I just had to sign up tonight to say thank you so, so much for posting this this link