ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By Sprite_tm
#8804 martonmiklos: That may be a nice option. I don't think many people ae going to see it, but I'd like to have people at least not flabberghasted when they try to test the http server using 'telnet 1.2.3.4 80'.

bwhouse: That's an incompatibility with SDK 0.9.5. I've fixed it and pushed it to Git; do a 'git pull' to upgrade and it should compile.
By tobias
#8899 It's still linking (or at least attempting to) against sdk 0.9.2:

Code: Select all/home/tobias/esp/esp-open-sdk/crosstool-NG/builds/xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file /home/tobias/esp/esp-open-sdk/esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.2//ld/eagle.app.v6.ld: No such file or directory

seems like a small search-and-replace so i'll report back in a minute if that was all. Also needed the c_types.h patch as suggested above though. This is one of the roughest toolchains i've seen in a while :D

*edit: nvm, i'm a cut'n'paste-cowboy and didnt notice the exports in sprites readme.md had an older versionno in them.
By picstart
#9060 I only get this resopnse every second
reconnect
scandone
no MYAP found, reconnect after 1s
reconnect
scandone
no MYAP found, reconnect after 1s
reconnect

If I change things in user_config.h to my wifi settings I still get the above
#ifndef __USER_CONFIG_H__
#define __USER_CONFIG_H__

#define USE_WIFI_MODE STATIONAP_MODE
#define WIFI_CLIENTSSID "MYAP"
#define WIFI_CLIENTPASSWORD "00000000"
#define WIFI_AP_NAME "ESP8266"
#define WIFI_AP_PASSWORD "00000000"
#define PLATFORM_DEBUG true

#endif
If I search the code I find no assignment of the ip 192.168.4.1 at compile time
With lua I can assign a static ip to the server
wifi.sta.setip({ip="xxx.xxx.0.21",netmask="255.255.255.0",gateway="xxx.xxx.0.254"}) where xxx.xxx is specific to my wifi set up

Is this possible with esphttp? I if so can it be set at compile time and if that is possible which *.h or *.c or make file needs changing.
If the above is possible is it possible to be explicit about the code to delete or add or modify?

update
I found below in wifi.c
and is does now get an ip address but not the static address supplied in wifi.c instead it gets a dynamic address
struct ip_info ipinfo;
wifi_get_ip_info(SOFTAP_IF, &ipinfo);
//IP4_ADDR(&ipinfo.ip, 192, 168, 4, 1);
//IP4_ADDR(&ipinfo.gw, 192, 168, 4, 1);
//IP4_ADDR(&ipinfo.netmask, 255, 255, 255, 0);
If there is a user_config.h then why bury hard coded IP's in the body of the code?
The eclipse file search missed 192.168.4.1 since it appears as 192,168,4,1 instead