ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By Sprite_tm
#2811 zioax: The total of (compressed) pages/files in the espfs can be about 180K max. Yes, you should be able to overwrite the firmware with any other firmware without any problems.

stb: Any idea if you happen to have a lot of access points around you? I've got an inkling the code only crashes in that case. Worst case, you can use the AT firmware to connect to an AP and then re-flash to the httpd firmware; the ESP should remember the settings. If you do that, please send me what APs the AT firmware sees so I can try to simulate the situation here.

wouter011: Hmm, I can't reproduce this. Do you get any debugging info over the uart? The standard httpd code should be pretty chatty.
By wouter011
#2828 No, I'm not getting any output at all. The RX LED on my USB-TTL converter is flashing though.
Sometimes I just get a lot of garbage.

When I connect another ESP8266 which I haven't yet flashed, and thus is running the AT demo I guess, I can communicate.
By netomx
#2957 I have the same problem (about AP scanning). If I configure the WLAN before updating, it will crash 3 times and then it will work:

Code: Select all�lHttpd init, conn=0x3ffea198

Ready
mode : sta(18:fe:34:99:1d:54)
add if0
scandone
add 0
aid 8
pm open phy2,type:2 0 0
cnt

connected with Villarreal, channel 11
dhcp client start...
Fatal exception (28):
epc1=0x4024e3ec, epc2=0x00000000, epc3=0x00000000, excvaddr=0x00000098, depc=0x0

ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,6)

wdt reset
load 0x40100000, len 25492, room 16
tail 4
chksum 0xea
load 0x3ffe8000, len 2784, room 4
tail 12                                                                         
chksum 0xa7                                                                     
ho 0 tail 12 room 4                                                             
load 0x3ffe8ae0, len 5188, room 12                                             
tail 8                                                                         
chksum 0x7d                                                                     
csum 0x7d                                                                       
Httpd init, conn=0x3ffea198                                                     

Ready                                                                           
add if0                                                                         
scandone                                                                       
add 0                                                                           
aid 8                                                                           
cnt                                                                             

dhcp client start...                                                           
Fatal exception (28):                                                           
epc1=0x4024e3ec, epc2=0x00000000, epc3=0x00000000, excvaddr=0x00000098, depc=0x0

ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,6)                                   

wdt reset                                                                       
load 0x40100000, len 25492, room 16                                             
tail 4                                                                         
chksum 0xea                                                                     
load 0x3ffe8000, len 2784, room 4                                               
tail 12                                                                         
chksum 0xa7                                                                     
ho 0 tail 12 room 4                                                             
load 0x3ffe8ae0, len 5188, room 12                                             
tail 8                                                                         
chksum 0x7d                                                                     
csum 0x7d                                                                       
Httpd init, conn=0x3ffea198                                                     

Ready                                                                           
add if0                                                                         
scandone                                                                       
add 0                                                                           
aid 8                                                                           
cnt                                                                             

dhcp client start...                                                           
ip:192.168.1.228,mask:255.255.255.0,gw:192.168.1.1                             
T:-2,bf0,2                                                                     
T:-4,bf0,4                                                                     
T:-6,bf0,6