Sming - Open Source framework for high efficiency native ESP8266 development

By helpme
#22647 For a timer function without parameters, it can be called this way;

Code: Select allprocTimer.initializeMs(2000, sayHello).start();

What if the timer function has arguments like sayHello(int x, char* y)? How do I call procTimer.initializeMs() to handle timer function with arguments?
By helpme
kenn wrote:
helpme wrote: I programmed in the Basic_Blink app into the ESP8266 module. For some reason, the module has to wait around 30 seconds for the LED to start blinking for the very first time after flashing upon power-up. For subsequent power-ups, the LED starts blinking immediately. Has anyone encountered the same issue? It is strange.

I expect that on your first boot, the ESP8266 was going through its wifi setup and connecting, and saving the config. In subsequent boots. it simply loads that config, which is alot faster.

I discovered the problem. From serial output, I can see that ESP8266 is initializing the file system. So far, it seems to happen only for Sming apps. I don't see it for AT command firmware from EspressIf.
By alon24
helpme wrote:
kenn wrote:
helpme wrote: I programmed in the Basic_Blink app into the ESP8266 module. For some reason, the module has to wait around 30 seconds for the LED to start blinking for the very first time after flashing upon power-up. For subsequent power-ups, the LED starts blinking immediately. Has anyone encountered the same issue? It is strange.

I expect that on your first boot, the ESP8266 was going through its wifi setup and connecting, and saving the config. In subsequent boots. it simply loads that config, which is alot faster.

I discovered the problem. From serial output, I can see that ESP8266 is initializing the file system. So far, it seems to happen only for Sming apps. I don't see it for AT command firmware from EspressIf.

Do you mean the 1% 2%... 105% ??? I too saw this today in sming.