WIFIO is a dual Arduino WIFI module (ESP8266+ATMEGA328P) FCC approve-able with transferable licence. Can use the 328P for I/O expansion also...

Moderator: igrr

By RichardS
andrew melvin wrote:Looks really interesting.
2 questions?
When can I get one / how?
What sort of throughput can you have to the arduino, using i2c?
Good work!

Getting one is tough as its just ramping up now and am building some one the dust settles with peoples comments.

Thoughtput to 328 is in the order of 400kb/s and yes I know that for some is a bit slow but for the vast majority it is faster than needed. Again this was designed for the vast majority and not the power users! But power users can write their own special Virtual peripherals and limit the amount of I2C data that needs to be passed also! So its is very flexible.

Richard.
By RichardS
danbicks wrote:Richard,
See the following post: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rev2-ESP-03-C ... 35ee530998
Very similar to your solution, already out there although this one communicates through serial without the flexibility of programming the ESP through the IDE.
Dans

Well that sucks, misses the point... :-) thats why we are chatting it up here before the final release. Misses also the FCC and the power supply issues being fixed, as there is no current left for the person to experiment with!!!! The regulation of the power is very key with ESP8266 devices, most people under power them and have reset issues.

Richard.