WIFIO is a dual Arduino WIFI module (ESP8266+ATMEGA328P) FCC approve-able with transferable licence. Can use the 328P for I/O expansion also...

Moderator: igrr

By RichardS
samehhady wrote:So whats the difference between WIFIO and Cactus Micro?
As far as I know there is already a board that is being sold with both atmega & esp8266 on the same chip
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/W ... 46Dwoh&s=p

1. Community involvement in its development and future revs
2. Real FCC approvals that are transferable
3. Virtual I/O support direct in Arduino IDE developed by us
4. Proper support channels
5. A whole eco system of add ons and sample applications for beginners
6. A proper laid out 4 layer board, not a board with a cheap Chinese module attached....

And the top reason, I made it, and enjoyed doing it, it was actually done and ready back in March, I had been talking to Arduino.cc about it being a real Arduino, but that fell through, so here it is...

Richard.
By DNITKE
#30250 I have been working on an IoT project for several months. I have evaluated the Sparkfun Thing, Adafruit's ESP board, the ESP board (8 pin version) and the Photon. I have found that I need more horsepower than the ESP modules provide and have paired them with Adafruit Trinkets and Arduino MiniPro. The dual-board combination, as well as the Photon, work well. The advantage of the Photon is the OTA programming and a VERY well structured ecosystem behind it. The photon cost $19 at Qty=1. The dual-board solution is about $16 at Qty=1. It would seem that this board is in line with what the Photon does. Would that be a correct assumption? What is your Qty=1 target price point?
By RichardS
#30268 Price would be similar to these, still to be determined but close.

Richard.