A Basic Interpreter written from scratch for the ESP8266

Moderator: Mmiscool

By kingedem
#39423 Hi Micheal,

1. The saved program is not getting loaded (latest firmware: ESP Basic 1.77 ), it is giving timeout error page.
2. After changing the Ap mode SSID name and password, it does not appear in the WIFI device list. (Station Mode working fine).
3. What is new field added in "Setting page" ; OTA URL. Leave blank for default:
By heckler
#39488 You might should have put this post up in one of the categories as I'm not sure everyone checks down here :)

Have you connected a serial terminal to the same com port that you use to flash the OS into the module with??
You will get quite a bit of feedback from the module as you boot up, etc.
When you try to save code to the module you will get feedback on the serial port as each line is saved to the module.

you might also go back to an earlier version of the OS to see if the problem goes away.
Also try and do a code save right after a reboot.

I learned a while ago to save a copy of my code by copy/paste to a notepad document and not rely on just the code saved in the module.

dwight
By heckler
#39497 I think you might also need to make sure the module is at a point where it will accept your new code. Which is either in an state of "end"

What I mean by that is you should include a couple of lines of code like this...
Code: Select allbutton "Exit " [Exit]

then also include a bit of code like this...
Code: Select all[Exit]
end

that way there will be a button on the esp webpage to "exit" the running code.
If you watch the serial terminal you should see "Done..." when you click on the "exit" button

you might also restart the module and connect to it's IP address as soon as you can. Then go to the EDIT tab and quickly save an empty program to it (by just clikcing on "SAVE" with the IDE window empty.

Then you should be able to write your code and "SAVE" it to the module.

but I could be wrong
dwight