Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#48825 Curious as to what kind of data is being plopped into the string it should be fixable with a handler of some sort. For instance we could tell it possibly to plop data that would be a signature you could have an 8 digit hex signature that would specify from that point on it is data ... Just a for instance. It already has to handle the extra data somehow or another and the fact that everything is software means that things are getting buffered and checked by software so as it gets buffered if this signature shows it means that we are getting fragments of binary data ...

To me this almost seems like an incorrect assumption that data is being added so it is not possible ... How else would anything work right if this were the case there has to be some type of exponging of the data for anything to work in that case unless the data is somehow needed for the serial terminal beats me I am curious to know how this pans out I will keep reading as I am far from knowing but hey cool comment.
By ilc
#48890 ? timesetup bug (v3 a5)

If I run the following two line program;

timesetup(10,0)
print "Time is " & time("hour:min:sec")

I get the response "Time is 00:00:00"

If I comment out the timesetup line I get the correct response "Time is 09:14:04"

TimeZone.dat and DaylightSavings.dat contain the correct values (10.00 and 0.00), and if I delete them they are recreated correctly.

I would be grateful if someone could check this as my system is still very flaky.

Regards,

Ian.
By forlotto
#48892 you need to add a delay when doing time zone reason being it takes a little bit to do time setup so the timesetup executes and then before that is finished it prints the time.

I believe it was something like 3 seconds or something like that...

Code: Select alldelay 3000

Add the line above between time setup and the actual printing of time.

It may have been a longer delay for the life of me I cannot recall maybe even 2 seconds worked... But yes this is normal and was discussed some time back while it is not documented that well you can see discussions about time setup on the forum.

Enjoy!
forlotto