Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#51867 Well there was one more bug introduced with the last build. I just fixed it and uploaded a new one.

The problem would happen when using upper case letters in brqnch labes. It would fail to find the branch. This has been corrected in the latest build.

Sorry about all the reflashing. This should be it for mager bugs at the moment.
By forlotto
Mmiscool wrote:Well there was one more bug introduced with the last build. I just fixed it and uploaded a new one.

The problem would happen when using upper case letters in brqnch labes. It would fail to find the branch. This has been corrected in the latest build.

Sorry about all the reflashing. This should be it for mager bugs at the moment.

major mager bugs got to watch of for them critters

So is this 3.19 then?

Format Flash seemed to crash on a couple different computers I tried it on on 3.17 you may want to check into this issue as well while it formats and works esptool.exe crashes I also spoke with trackerj who had the same issues when trying to help him troubleshoot his connection issues.

so win7pro win10 and windows server 2012 were all tested with the same issue on the format flash...

Anyhow enjoy I'll have to see if there was something remidied with this in the latest iteration 3.18 or 3.19 whichever it is up to now.

Thanks for the updates!
-forlotto
By forlotto
#51869 Hrmmm from my tests the flasher is still crashing using format flash it formats but the program gives a crash error message.

Just a heads up...

I would like to suggest something to add to the flasher.

Either automatic restart after flash succeeds or a restart button on the flasher software.

This would streamline the process of flashing even more.

PS the new flasher hands free for Basic Dev Kit is sweet hands free I'm loving it each time I flash if you have bugs to fix go right ahead it is so simplistic to flash now. I am working on trying to obtain some hosting for a year so that I can get OTA up and running for you but I will have to prepay for it and it will likely be a free domain name something like basicota.tk or something along that line. Trying to see what I can come up with here.

Now is a good time for OTA imho a large hunk of all bugs have been discovered and fixed so I will work on that or at least an alternate server for the next year anyways.

Take care mmiscool things seem to be rolling along full steam ahead.

Hope that people take the time to chime in and donate to the cause. You have accomplished very much this weekend !

For those wondering how to donate:

DONATE HERE CLICK THE YELLOW DONATE BUTTON!!!
By trackerj
#51873 Funny enough, the 3.0 Alpha 19 is working back OK also on the WIFi router where Alpha 17 didn't work.
So far so good.

Regarding I2C, I would like to continue writing I2C drivers and examples for ESPBasic but I really want to be able to use other pins than the ESPBasic standard defined SDA/SCL ones, like GPIO4/5 for example. Can be this made possible?