Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By bugs
#54815 I agree with all your comments - but can be of little practical help. I have been using BASIC in its various dialects for about 40 years (of my 75) and it is the only language I know (apart from 6809 machine code). I can understand some simple Arduino code but struggle to write my own. HTML and Java etc are Greek to me.
It may well be that Mike's BASIC is embedded amongst Arduino code so might be difficult to modularise as you say. I have no idea how much work it takes to add or remove a library.
Doing it in Visual Basic I would just scan through the check boxes on the user interface and create a file with all the necesary includes and defines then run the build process by calling a batch file of some sort.
I don't know how to do that in HTML and I appreciate that there might be server costs that would make it unworkable.

The IR change that I made was virtually just one byte in the NEC receive section. Since it is a library and no one else seems to have had a problem I assume that it is specific to my devices and would not know where to make the suggestion anyway - Github is another unknown area with dragons...
By forlotto
#54822 Thanks for your comment that has substantially helped me understand not only your situation but mmiscool's situation a little bit better as well. Thanks! I know my hangups I openly admit my lack of knowlege in areas this is important if we all want to be forward there is no programming that I know that I can accomplish any task without first looking things up ...
I wonder if this is normal for everyone or if it just pertains to me?

Well I can do quite a bit of basic for esp8266 without looking it up after using it for a while but not much else. There is still much of it I must reference though. Not used css much other than editing stuff with it heck I did not know that you could flip the basic meter using CSS 90 degrees so that the meter reads down to up rather than left to right I seen that and said wow interesting I just learned that I know one less thing lol.

The more I learn the less I realize I know! Therefore everything I do relies on reference material and examples I would think it is the same for most programmers but maybe I'm wrong...