Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Boxey
#63955 I'm still here ..and happily programming away on several ESP BASIC projects when I get the time.

I imagine most of the regulars pop in and have a look at the board now and then too.. and if it's quiet it's probably because everything's working and few people have problems that need discussion.

The documentation covers everything very well, and as long as you remember that there's a lot going on inside a very tiny module and it can't do miracles.. then your on the right track.

Mike is a superstar for the work he's done and the commitment he gives it, and deserves a pat on the back and a big hug!

Hopefully he will continue to add and modify the code when time allows and make ESP BASIC even greater than it already is.
By PhilTilson
#64013 RichardS
I commend Mike for his work, however to think someone is going to support and work on a project forever and one that brings in zero income is a little wish full thinking, this is opensource, so..... how about some others picking it up now??? Anyone?

I have some sympathy with robertbadiduwitz but also recognise the amount of time that a project like this must consume. I have tried to do my bit with producing a printable, formatted 'manual' for ESPbasic, but I have given up on this for the time being as the only way I can find out what changes or additions have been made is by combing through piles of posts on the various forums! Similarly, I come across lots of posts that say "I have just implemented x in the latest release", but there are never any release numbers!

I would like to make two earnest requests of Mike: first, have a 'sticky' on the news forum on which you note briefly every time you add a feature or change the way a feature operates or fix a bug; second, have a similar 'sticky' that just says what the latest release number is, and the date it was made available.

Those two - relatively simple to implement - actions would make life a whole lot easier!

Phil
By ardhuru
PhilTilson wrote:RichardS
I would like to make two earnest requests of Mike: first, have a 'sticky' on the news forum on which you note briefly every time you add a feature or change the way a feature operates or fix a bug; second, have a similar 'sticky' that just says what the latest release number is, and the date it was made available.
Phil

I absolutely second that!
By forlotto
#68331 Indeed life goes along at a pretty good clip you blink and you miss a lot.

NE ways it is summer time folks at current things are usually dead during this time people are often out hanging out with friends and what not it is amazing when summer comes it is like projects galore and working in 100 degree heat in a shop for 9 hours a day when you get home and then having friends and family demand the rest of your hours it is difficult while I understand the concern...

I just checked on my server for OTA and I noticed it was down however it is back up again if anyone needs to upgrade there older modules on the easy. 4MB of course noticed that I had a lack of funding for my hosting bill but should be covered now... Sorry for any issues in line with this but if for any reason the OTA server is down it is important that you PM me I really do not check it on a regular basis but I will try my best to get it back up and running once notified.

I give anyone permission to PM me on this issue I will instantly get an email and attempt to work out the issue as soon as possible.