By adamsdad
#27416 Hi!
I have a basic question. I see a lot of people spending a lot of time and discussing great projects with this chip. It really seems to be amazing from the first sight.
But my own experience with the chip is very bad. I even fail to have stable basic "blinking LED". It crashes all the time.
Although it seems to work better with new SDK 1.3.0 but even now it has not survived even overnight. The worst thing, it does not always recover even after powering off and on (it requires a dozen times). I'm not talking about a complex project involving a lot of hardware, interrupts handling, etc, requiring proper initialization/cleanup/synchronization or using buggy APIs.
Using ESP-12 and ESP-01.
So I want to ask all the people designing complex web servers and remote sensor readers. How stable it works for you, or you just don't care?
By martinayotte
#27450 The instability you've seen is maybe due to improper power supply.
I've some ESP-01/ESP-07/ESP-012 as well as ESP-12E running for days/weeks without any needs for reboot.
They are running TelnetServer, blink LEDs on I2C GPIO Expander and so on.
By adamsdad
#27452 I'm using a classical breadboard power adapter, connected to 12V 2A power supply. So it should not be a problem.
Maybe some chips/modules are more lucky than others?