Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By russm
#51961 I've discovered that the newer alpha versions aren't working with my code anymore. They appear to be too slow for lack of a better description. I was running V3 Alpha 8. I have tried alpha 19 and 20.

While they "work", I must turn the rotary encoder extremely slowly and even then some steps are missed.

I thought I would post here as I'm not sure it is a "bug".
By Mmiscool
#51979 The web sockets needed a bit of time to breath in the new version. This solved some reliability problems in sending data and retrieving it from the browser but has seemed to break things for you.

If you don't need the browser I can add commands to turn the web sockets on or off. This I believe might alleviate the slowness.
By russm
#52030 I hit back on the browser after I run the program. There may be something still going on there which didn't occur earlier. I think it would be helpful to have a command to enable/disable websockets if they aren't needed for a particular application.
By russm
#53191 ESPBasic V3.0 A41 works GREAT, quite fast now. I can even leave the browser connection and it doesn't miss a beat. Thanks!