Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By russm
#50247 Did a quick little exercise to have the NodeMCU with the rotary encoder communicate to two other NodeMCUs to set individual brightness of an LED over UDP. I'll have to add a touch screen to the encoder so I can scale the number of remote devices up and manage other pins. Using UDP broadcast and an access point I'm hoping I can have a network of more than ~4 devices max. I'd like to be able to scale to 32 at least but more would be even better.
By Mmiscool
#50331 This is very nice. Any chance you might make a small video explaining whats going on and how one of these puppies could be used?
By russm
Mmiscool wrote:This is very nice. Any chance you might make a small video explaining whats going on and how one of these puppies could be used?

I will try to make something this weekend.
By forlotto
#50433 These could be used for a lot of things I would imagine similar to a volume knob or a dimmer switch etc... It is an analogue device that is used for adjustment of anything not to mention it could also play the part of a sensor I have seen these used for steering wheel motors and rotary joysticks not to be confused with a spinner they are two different monsters as a spinner normally uses an optical sensor that senses holes in a round metal disc much like the fly wheel on a dodge ram.

I am curious the only limitation with this stuff is essentially your mind a creative person looking for solutions may find this as a solution for an age old problem that hasn't been solved yet maybe something far fetched even like once a paper towel roll spins so many times have it activate an amazon easy order button so the paper towel gets ordered automatically so you never have to forget about buying paper towel again :P They are awfully neat and the applications could be the limit is creativity.