Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By lew247
#51403 Reading the manual it says
connect {SSID}, {password}

I've tried countless variations but I cannot get it to connect to my router (unless through luck when I reboot as I have the SSID and Password set in the Station Mode settings.

When it fails on power up it prints ESP Basic 3.0 Alpha 13 then the numbers 1 to 12 each on a new line and then it says

Failed Wifi Connect
Creating WIFI access point
ESP_Test
APname
APpass

Ideally I'd LIKE it to connect to the router on every power up but it's hit and miss as to if it connects or creates an Access point.

I can live happily without it connecting on power up IF I can get the program itself to connect when it's running

4 questions if anyone can help

1 How EXACTLY do you type/use the CONNECT command?
It is CONNECT SSID PASSWORD? or CONNECT SSID, PASSWORD,? or CONNECT {SSID}, {PASSWORD} ? or something else?

2 Is there a way to get it to connect automatically to the router on every power up? Even though I have the SSID and Password in the Station Mode (Connect to your router): boxes it is hit and miss if it connects on power up or creates an access point

3 is there a way to clear the Station Mode (Connect to your router): settings?
If I delete the name and password in there and save or reboot or save and reboot the name and password ALWAYS returns and I cannot get it cleared.

4 - not related to the Connect command -
What is the default baud on the serial port after flashing an updated version of Basic?

EDIT: does it matter that I'm using an ESP8266-01 with the 1M flash?
By forlotto
#51564 Nope 1MB is fine tested it all is good.

Station Mode means you are going to connect to your router.

On the settings page enter the SSID example Linksys it is case sensitive I believe.

Then enter the password for your router the router must use WPA/WPA2 encryption also make sure your router is set to the 20MHZ band for your antenna.

It will not connect to a 5GHZ antenna.

wifiapsta will enable both modes at once.

It works keep at it you'll get it and when you do you'll be like sweet!

Verify your router is compatible.

Then connect using this method it works excellent to be honest some newer wireless AC models may have issues interfacing pick up a cheap wireless N router on ebay if this is the case good luck.

As far as connecting to the router I don't think that has changed in the software but I am not sure I use the settings page being that it allows for everything including Static IP or non standard ports for the server.

-forlotto