Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By joeygbsn
#53851 Ok i don't have any esp03s to test but googling the pinout it seems some say that its gpio18 on one pin or gpio16. Try changing the 18 in your tft.setup to a 16 and see if that works.
By forlotto
#53865 How are you guys powering did you try separate psu to power the LCD?
What size psu are you using for NODEMCU to power and are you powering via 5v pin or usb port etc.

Curious as to if this is a power issue?

For sanity if you power the LCD separately make sure you hook up the gnd from power brick to board to keep things common however do not do the same with power just ensure that the gnd is common not sure

As always be sure to use and check correct voltages for devices based on hardware datasheets or manuals.

Add power brick to LCD hook + to VCC hook - to GND and GND on nodemcu.

Also have had the best luck powering nodemcu with 5v 2A power brick so far has solved all my previous issues caused by power during operations.

If it is not a power issue someone will need to investigate further there is another thread where users are doing this very thing. Keep posting ideas thoughts eventually a solution should arise from discussion but do not get frustrated and give up turn that frustration into motivation dig deeper learn more.

forlotto
Last edited by forlotto on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By joeygbsn
#53872 Works fine for me using 3.3v pins on nodemcu. Powered from computer usb port or 5v 2a charger. Haven't messed with touch yet so can't comment on that. Regarding gpio18, this is the first image that comes up on google when searching esp03.
esp-03.jpg

This may be what caused the confusion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.