Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By trackerj
#57984 Please find below a ESP Basic driver example for the PCF8591 - I2C compatible 8 bit ADC/DAC IC:

Original Article about: Mailbag - PCF8591 I2c compatible 8 bit ADC/DAC

Part 2 will follow soon.

Happy breadboarding,
TJ.
By trackerj
#58113 Part 2 of the new ESP Basic series related with the PCF8591 - 8-bit A/D and D/A converter.
This time we will talk about ADC side of the IC and we will implement a simple ADC driver:

Original Article with code, etc
By Electroguard
#58141 This announcement should be accompanied by fanfare, because it is actually more of a significant step forward than it may seem, and the availabily of these cheap little i2c 4-channel ADC (plus DAC) modules for Esp_Basic will open up many new doors.

They come with onboard 'test' LDR and thermistor, so offer analog light level and temperature sensing straight out of the box.

Disabling the 'test' sensors by removing 'tombstone' jumper links, gives 4 analog input channels - allowing the possibility for instance of twin dual-axis joysticks. Bung a PCF8574 multi-I/O module onto the i2c bus as well, to give up to 8 digital inputs/outputs plus the 4 analog channels. And if that's still not enough hardware interface, well just add even more i2c ADC or MultiIO modules... all on one Esp_Basic device.

Be aware that there are similar-looking PCF8591 ADC/DAC modules available which have different pin layouts - they still have the same 'test' sensors and pin signals, but they are arranged differently - so just pay attention to the markings of your own modules.

Thanks very much TJ.
By Mmiscool
#58225 Thank you for this.

It is great to see videos like this with so much information.