Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#62283 I might well be wasting my time and probably being unnecessarilly over-cautious by re-formatting before every re-flash, but there's enough strange behaviour without me muddying the waters... so whatever issue is causing me to reflash (often annoyingly too frequently), I'd rather eliminate as many variables as possible to reduce the chances of having to re-do it again, therefore I just bite the bullet and try not to cut any corners (including waiting 15 secs before re-booting after the reformat).

As mmiscool said, the problem is possibly tied in with the rebooting saves, so I doubt all these weird symptoms will evade him indefinitely.
By Oldbod
#62300 I need to do some more digging and just don't have time at the moment - I'm not familiar enough with how the code works to be certain what affects what without huge digging, can only imagine what vast amounts of effort went into creating it - but it feels like if I remove any web io it will run OK. But this may be a red herring with the lack of consistency I've experienced and testing with a follow my nose approach rather than proper test plan. I have noticed that at least some of the time my basic program continues to run (output going to serial print) when I navigate away from run page, and may still be executing when I hit save. That's when save doesn't put up the saved popup it seems.

This is probably to be expected, if I have a program that loops continuously.
By Aussie_Barry
Mmiscool wrote:I just spent a few hours trying to track this one down.

I have a feeling that this might also be related to why it crashed on a second save from time to time.

Hi Michael,

Have you been able to make any inroads into solving this issue?
There has been quite a bit of activity on the subject from the likes of Oldbod, Electroguard etc but there doesn't appear to be any definitive answers just yet.

What is the current status of your investigations? Are we any closer to getting resolution to the problem?

Cheers
Barry
VK2XBP
By Mmiscool
#62430 I have no good news and its tremendously frustrating.

And c/c++ gurus out there that might see some thing i don't?