Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By flywire
flywire wrote:What is the minimum hardware setup to test this with ...
heckler wrote:... hook up an O-Scope ...

An O-scope is not going to happen (we definitely have a different understanding of minimum). ;)

Thanks for the google tip.

DC motor (left) and hobby servo (right): Hobby Servo Tutorial

Hmmm - four terminals on the DVD drive motor, five terminals on the old floppy drive. There'll be one in this ewaste somewhere.
By heckler
An O-scope is not going to happen (we definitely have a different understanding of minimum)

flywire,
There are certain things that one just simply cannot do in electronics without being able to measure and visualize signals that are much too fast for a simple volt meter or and LED on/off type indicator.

If I were you I would checkout ebay for a basic used O-scope or search USB oscilloscope as it is an amazing tool for electronics. Also see youtube for many oscope examples.
Also do a quick search on Tindie.com for oscilloscope... many choices there for $30 or less
But first do your homework, checkout youtube for demos and reviews before making any decision.

I realize everyone has different circumstances but there are very inexpensive options. Also many usb logic analyzers also have an oscope--like functionality.

good luck and I hope I did not misunderstand your statement
dwight