Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By cicciocb
#47092 Does this is something you was thinking about ?
IMG_0021.JPG

This is a 8 relay expander connected in series with the led expander (24 outputs in total).
The relay expander (the little pcb on the relay board) is composed of a simple 74hc595.

I made a little video where I try to show that the relays and the leds are controlled individually from a IR remote controller.

The expander with the 74hc595 can be done with less than 1$ of material and the 8-relay board can be found on internet for less than 5$.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By forlotto
#47094 That is friggin sweet stuff right there ....

I still wish there were a small module I could buy nothing like wasting time soldering a crap ton of resistors and dip sockets and so forth a simple small module would be best they likely have 1wire chips like this as well I suspect but ready made gpio expansion would be the way to go.

However it is good to know how its made and what makes it tick etc...

Anyhow the IR is awesome for me as some projects it is a must that I vision.

However for the relay based project I talk of a weekly timer is going to be more useful no interaction required ;)

Weekly timer with 10 user configurable timed events per day per relay possible or not with the new basic ?