Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#47324 Javascript is native in all browsers.

Java is a totalaly diferent language.
By forlotto
#47326 Errrrr yes of course what am I thinking second time I did that javascript html5 w3c etc... funny thing I already knew this duh had a conversation with a fella I know about this as well about 3 weeks ago lol thats what happens when you start falling asleep at the keyboard and answer a question after waking up 3 times in the middle of it :P... Anyhow good catch.

IN THIS CASE:

check your plugins make sure you don't have no script based plugins or settings in your browser and that should fix it ;)

Also:

In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
Click "I'll be careful, I promise" if a warning message appears.
In the search box, search for javascript.enabled
Toggle the "javascript.enabled" preference (right-click and select "Toggle" or double-click the preference) to change the value from "false" to "true".
Click on the "Reload current page" button of the web browser to refresh the page.
By forlotto
#48363 Two things I would like to say because to me this post is very important.

FIRST:
I screwed up a bit asking about something in the wrong post. Cicciocb kicked some grass and put out two great projects here and I think they should be separated. One for the GPIO expander and the next for the IR project. Both super important examples I feel that need separation.

SECOND:
I am curious as to what IR equipment was used for the IR project. I thought I seen it somewhere. But it would be nice to know the IR Reciever and Transmitter used and how the code is handled and found. Personally I would love to do this for an older digital AC unit that does not have auto restart that I have. So I guess I am trying to figure out a good starting point do I need some type of IR sniffing equipment to get the codes and such. IR while I am aware of it I am not aware of the in depth operations of it. I will need to do a lot of reading I'm sure but a brief run down on how you arrived at your espbasic remote would be nice. Lets say you had any device and you wanted to make a basic remote what are the steps you would follow and the hardware you would need to make it a reality?
By forlotto
#49203 @cicciocb

Would be nice if you ever get the time to evaluate my question in the Hardware Section on IR...

Got a new phone actually with IR built in very nice to have imho it is a used Galaxy S5 but the thing is super nice in operation.

I notice the peel remote universal remote is able to do haier AC unit and all my other devices fairly well with some limitations ....

I almost wonder if the peel info isn't public possibly ...

Anyways the question is the topic the hardware section is where it is at... Basically the question is how one starts and arrives at adding the remote to the espbasic firmware to me this is rather important as I have seen a couple of uses now for IR that just would be great.... I see several guides online with different methods for the arduino but really none for the ESP I would prefer if you answered my question in hardware to keep things somewhat organized.

So if you are still slumming it with us basic guys would be cool to see a tut on adding your own remote support from start to finished product how to add it to basic etc...

Now that we have IR I think it would be cool to possibly start an IR config thread and possibly that way we can share different IR info we reverse etc... That is of course once there is an ELI5 guide to reversing and arriving at final product.